Every brand has its own way of targeting their audience, and most of them come up with innovative ideas. If in today’s world, something can catch the attention of a million people in an instance, it’s going to be a meme. But before that, do you think memes and marketing go hand in hand? Throughout the world, many brands have been using memes in favor of their marketing. If you are yet to use these tricks, make sure you understand the full potential of the content, videos, and pictures in memes. If you haven’t adopted memes in your marketing strategies yet, make sure to get it integrated now.
If you are active social media users, which almost every person is, you might be aware that “How intriguing and engaging memes” can be. A meme can consist of vibrant colors, engaging but crisp content, fonts, and many more things. The content that is written in the meme targets the audience by giving them a sense of humor. A meme might or might not make sense, but one thing that it does without a doubt is making you laugh so that you remember it longer. The creation of a meme completely depends on the brand and its brand-speak.
Listed below are a few reasons that can steer you towards integrating memes in your marketing strategies:
1. InexpensiveEvery organization, be it small or big, wants to slash down the expense. Marketing is one of those areas that consume a lot of money. But now, with the help of some creativity, you can market your product to a huge number of people. Moreover, you don’t have to spend hours and hours thinking about your next meme because there are so many already in the market. All you need to do is be active on your social media handles. So, it is not wrong to say that memes are highly inexpensive and easy to engage many people.
2. Resharing will helpWhen it comes to sharing memes, you can’t refuse a good one; can you? By using memes in your marketing, you can reach a larger group of people with ease. This is because thousands and thousands of people keep sharing the same post over and over again. So, we can say that memes can incite sharing without any extra efforts. People simply share memes to share a moment of laughter amongst family and friends; indirectly, it will benefit your brand. The more eyes you get on your memes, the better it is for your brand. Therefore, do include your logo, name, or both while making a meme because the end result will be served only when people will see the brand.
3. Creates communityIt is true when we say that memes do help in fostering communities amongst your followers. When a brand starts a meme page or starts including memes on their main social media page, people start following the page, and they keep inviting others. The more you touch base with your followers, the better it becomes for your brand. The more your followers will connect with you, the better it will be for your brand. In most cases, when people read a meme, they can connect an incident with it. This gives them a sense of belonging with the memes. Even if you attract a large crowd, you still have to keep in mind that laughter therapy is something that your followers need. So, this basic and most important ingredient shouldn’t be missing.
Tips to keep in mind while using memes in your marketing strategies.Now, using memes rigorously and blindly will not serve the purpose; there are a few things that you should and have to keep in mind to help in brand promotion.
- Use the fonts and captions in your benefit
- Keep it in-line with your brand voice
For example, the brand ruffle, a manufacturer of potato chips, used a meme and wrote a caption, “What can we say, Flamin is hot. In this flamin is their extra spicy product. So whoever read this post, they would understand the meaning instantly.
- Develop a library
- Create your memes
Memes right from the moment they came in the market have gripped the social media users, and there is no way it will lose its charm in the coming time. Many young and well-versed meme-makers can easily execute the task of an image to video conversion. This saves the effort of creating something new, and you can repurpose or use the existing pictures for a new video-meme. So, do use these tips and tricks to utilize memes for the benefit of your organization. Click here for great ideas.